Search This Blog

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Welcome!

Greetings friends and family! As of September 6, 2009, I am officially moved into my new apartment in downtown Philadelphia! I am living with 2 other seminary students and right below a married co-pastor couple who are overseeing our internship. Our place is in the Graduate Hospital neighborhood, not too far from Broad Street Ministry. It's a really neat part of town with a GREAT view of the skyline from our roof deck! You should come visit!

My role at BSM will most likely evolve as I get more involved. I will try to keep this blog as updated often as I journal my experiences. So far, it looks to be an amazing experience. This place actively explores what it means to "be church."

The title "psalms of the city" is the name of the prayer cards at BSM: "expressions of despair, hope, longing, gratitude, uncertainty, anger, and profound faith." These cards are written at worship and are prayed as voices of the community during the week.

Thanks for tuning in and please feel free to comment on anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment